State Work-Study Employment: Prepare
Only eligible students can participate in the Pennsylvania State Work-Study Program. Once you know you're eligible, you need to find an employer who offers State Work-Study Program positions.
PHEAA can help.
Am I Eligible?
To be considered for the State Work-Study Program, you must:
- Be a Pennsylvania resident for at least 12 consecutive months before you file the FAFSA® (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), excluding any time you were enrolled in a Pennsylvania postsecondary school
- Be enrolled at least half-time in a PHEAA-approved higher education institution in a program of study that is at least 2 years long
- Be an undergraduate student who is eligible for a PA State Grant or be a graduate student who still has financial need after gift aid has been applied
- Be able to benefit from a career-related work experience
- Not be in default or pending default on an education loan or owe a State Grant refund
How Do I Find an Eligible Job?
There are a couple of ways to find jobs that are approved for the State Work-Study Program:
Use our online job search to find available State Work-Study Program positions in your area. We update job postings daily.
Find your own employer. If you find a position with an employer who is interested in our State Work-Study Program, the employer will need to apply. Please direct the potential employer to the Work-Study Employers section on this website.
by telecommunications deviceTTY: Dial 711
(for hearing impaired)
By U.S. Mail
State Grant and Special Programs
P.O. Box 8157
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8157
Hours of Operations
Monday to Friday
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (ET)
NOTE: Effective March 1, 2018, information about a State Grant or Special Programs applicant/recipient will only be released to the student and authorized third parties. PHEAA will also no longer honor any prior third party authorization forms. We apologize for any inconvenience and encourage the applicant/recipient to contact us directly to learn more about his/her account status.