Only eligible students can participate in the Pennsylvania State Work-Study Program. Once you know you're eligible, you need to find an employer who offers State Work-Study Program positions. You should also contact the Financial Aid office at your school to determine if PA State Work-Study earnings will impact your other aid awards.

Am I Eligible?

To be considered for the State Work-Study Program, you must:

  • Be a Pennsylvania resident for at least 12 consecutive months before you file the FAFSA® (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), excluding any time you were enrolled in a Pennsylvania postsecondary school
  • Be enrolled at least half-time in a PHEAA-approved higher education institution in a program of study that is at least 2 years long
  • Be an undergraduate student who is eligible for a PA State Grant or be a graduate student who still has financial need after gift aid has been applied
  • Be able to benefit from a career-related work experience
  • Not be in default or pending default on an education loan or owe a State Grant refund

How Do I Find an Eligible Job?

There are a couple of ways to find jobs that are approved for the State Work-Study Program:

  • Use our online job search to find available State Work-Study Program positions in your area. We update job postings daily.

  • Find your own employer. If you find a position with an employer who is interested in our State Work-Study Program, the employer will need to apply. Please direct the potential employer to the Work-Study Employers section on this website.