Working at PHEAA
At PHEAA, it’s our mission to provide affordable access to higher education to the students and families of Pennsylvania. Here you can learn more about our agency and see how your skills and talents may help compliment and elevate our workforce.
The Application Process
Look at current job openings to see if one is a fit for you.
Submit an application
Fill out an online application to let us know you’re interested in a position.
Hear back from PHEAA
Be on the lookout from our team with a response to your application.
After the interview
Following the interview, our team will be in contact with more information.
Health insurance benefits are administered through the Pennsylvania Employee Benefits Trust Fund (PEBTF). Eligibility for employee benefits begins on the first day of employment.
- PPO - Preferred Provider Organization
- HMO - Health Maintenance Organization
- Bronze Plan
- Preventive Benefits
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse - Provided by Optum (formerly United Behavioral Health [UBH])
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Vision Benefit
- Dental Benefit
- Hearing Aid Benefit
- State Employee Retirement System (SERS)
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Prosthetics, Orthotics, Diabetic and Medical Supplies Benefit
PHEAA offers various convenient services to employees including free parking.
- Employee Discount Program (Perks Program)— PHEAA provides our employees with information regarding special discounts and offers from various companies through PHEAA’s Employee Perks Program.
- Employee Engagement Committee— PHEAA prides itself in promoting engagement throughout the agency. This committee is a self-organized group of employees who promote various clubs and charitable events.
- Food Services— PHEAA offers a wide variety of grab-and-go items available 24/7 through a self-service payment kiosk. Food items are freshly made.
- Free Parking— Parking is on a first-come, first-serve basis and cannot be guaranteed. Designated handicapped parking spaces are available.
- On Site ATM Services— Available at Headquarters.
- PHEAA Child Care Center— PHEAA offers an affordable child care center on site at PHEAA Headquarters. Openings and enrollment are based on current capacity.
- PHEAA Fitness Center— PHEAA offers a fitness center at PHEAA Headquarters that is open 24 hours a day, including holidays. Locker rooms and showers are also available. Members must pay a small fee to join.
- PHEAA University— PHEAA offers a wide range of online, and instructor led courses to enhance your skillset and knowledge of PHEAA.
PHEAA values the commitment of our employees, who are servicemembers, that give back to our country. Because of this, we offer flexible leave for military deployments and various student aid programs.
Diversity & Inclusion
PHEAA’s environment welcomes and supports our employees, customers, and stakeholders; we seek out and value differing perspectives and contributions. Our organizational culture promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the organization.
In The Community
PHEAA is dedicated to giving back to the community through volunteer participation and charitable contributions throughout the year. PHEAA is proud to be a part of what matters.
Suits to Careers Clothing Drive
PHEAA employees donated gently used business clothing to Suits to Careers of Central Pennsylvania, to aid those who are preparing for job interviews.
PHEAA employees fight hunger in our community with the Central PA Food Bank. They donate non-perishable goods and volunteer their time and energy at the food bank’s packing operation. We began holding a virtual food drive during the pandemic so employees could continue helping others. To date, our employees have given over $19,000 to the Central PA Food Bank for local families in need!
PHEAA employees volunteered for Caitlin’s Smiles, decorating Bags of Smiles, and assembling craft kits. These bags and kits go to hospitalized children, to entertain them and make their hospital stay less stressful.
PHEAA Silent Auction
PHEAA teams created amazing, themed baskets that were bid upon during a silent auction. Employees raised $2,890 for local charities!
Get answers to some common questions about working here.