Working at PHEAA
Our employees contribute directly to our success and share in our commitment to ease the financial burden of higher education for students, families, and taxpayers.
Health insurance benefits are administered through the Pennsylvania Employee Benefits Trust Fund (PEBTF). Eligibility for employee benefits begins on the first day of employment.
- PPO - Preferred Provider Organization
- HMO - Health Maintenance Organization
- Bronze Plan
- Preventive Benefits
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse - Provided by Optum (formerly United Behavioral Health [UBH])
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Vision Benefit
- Dental Benefit
- Hearing Aid Benefit
- State Employee Retirement System (SERS)
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Prosthetics, Orthotics, Diabetic and Medical Supplies Benefit
PHEAA offers various convenient services to employees including free parking. Not all services are available at all locations.
- Employee Discount Program (Perks Program)— PHEAA provides our employees with information regarding special discounts and offers from various companies through PHEAA’s Employee Perks Program.
- Employee Engagement Committee— PHEAA prides itself in promoting engagement throughout the agency. This committee is a self-organized group of employees who promote various clubs and charitable events such as book club, organizing food truck events and even kickball and volleyball teams.
- Food Services— A full service cafeteria is located at PHEAA Headquarters. There are a variety of food stations including a grill, salad bar, hot entrees and premade options. Snack and beverage services are also available. PHEAA Headquarters has a coffee shop. All other locations offer canteen services as well as break rooms.
- Free Parking— Parking is on a first-come, first-serve basis and cannot be guaranteed. Designated handicapped parking spaces are available.
- On Site ATM Services— Available at Headquarters.
- PHEAA Child Care Center— PHEAA offers an affordable child care center on site at PHEAA Headquarters. Openings and enrollment are based on current capacity.
- PHEAA Fitness Center— PHEAA offers a fitness center at PHEAA Headquarters that is open 24 hours a day, including holidays. Locker rooms and showers are also available. Members must pay a small fee to join.
- PHEAA University— PHEAA offers a wide range of online and instructor led courses to enhance your skillset and knowledge of PHEAA. All locations have access to courses.
Get answers to some common questions about working here.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
EEO is the Law (PDF)
PHEAA promotes a drug-free workplace.