Before you apply, check if you are eligible.
Am I Eligible?
To be considered for PA-TIP, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen, or eligible noncitizen as described on the FAFSA® (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Be a domiciliary of Pennsylvania.
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or recognized homeschool certificate.
- File a current year FAFSA.
- Complete and return the 2020-21 PA-TIP Student Application (PDF) to PHEAA by May 1, 2021.
- Be enrolled at an institution approved by PHEAA.
- Be enrolled in an approved program of study that is at least 10 weeks but less than two academic years in length. Students attending non-profit institutions must be enrolled at least half-time in an approved program. All other students must be enrolled full-time.
- Have financial need as determined by the program guidelines and certified by the school.
- Not be in default or pending default on an education loan or owe a State Grant refund.
- Not be receiving a Pennsylvania State Grant for the program of study.
- Not be considered an incarcerated student, which is consistent with guidelines associated with the Pennsylvania State Grant Program.
- Supply a copy of the DD214 Form if the applicant is a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces and was honorably discharged.
NOTE: Students who have completed a bachelor's or graduate degree are still eligible to apply for a PA-TIP award.