Pennsylvania Targeted Industry Program: Prepare
Before you apply, check if you are eligible.
Am I Eligible?
To be considered for PA-TIP, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen, or eligible noncitizen as described on the FAFSA® (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Be a domiciliary of Pennsylvania.
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or recognized homeschool certificate.
- File the 2017-18 FAFSA.
- Complete and return the 2017-18 PA-TIP Student Application (PDF) to PHEAA by May 1, 2018 (application will be available no later than July 2017).
- Be enrolled at an institution approved by PHEAA.
- Be enrolled in an approved program of study (PDF) that is at least 10 weeks but less than two academic years in length. Students attending non-profit institutions must be enrolled at least half-time in an approved program. All other students must be enrolled full-time.
- Have financial need as determined by the program guidelines and certified by the school.
- Not be in default or pending default on an education loan or owe a State Grant refund.
- Not be receiving a Pennsylvania State Grant for the program of study.
- Not be considered an incarcerated student, which is consistent with guidelines associated with the Pennsylvania State Grant Program.
- Supply a copy of the DD214 Form if the applicant is a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces and was honorably discharged.
NOTE: Students who have completed a bachelor's or graduate degree are still eligible to apply for a PA-TIP award.
- TTY: Dial 711
(for hearing impaired)
By U.S. Mail
State Grant and Special Programs
P.O. Box 8157
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8157
Hours of Operations
Monday to Friday
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (ET)
Are You a Veteran?
Don't forget to attach a copy of the DD214 Form with your application. Your Veteran status can help maximize your award amount.
Are You a School or Employer interested in PA-TIP?
Find out how you can participate.