The RTSS Program, in combination with the PA State Grant Program, provides scholarships to high academic achievers to cover the cost of attendance. Up to $2,500 for full-time and $1,250 for part-time students in total awards are offered in the 2022-23 academic year. The minimum award is $500.
Institutions must be approved for participation in the RTSS Program. Each institution interested in participating in RTSS for the award year must:
- Be approved for participation in the PA State Grant Program as of June 30
- Be domiciled and headquartered with its principal location in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Submit the RTSS Program Institutional Application by August 15
Please note that the RTSS Institutional Application is a one-time application. Schools that have already applied and been approved for RTSS participation in a previous academic year do not need to re-apply in order to retain their participation approval.
Participating schools will nominate students to participate in RTSS. Student eligibility criteria includes the following:
- Annual family income does not exceed $126,000 (this threshold is subject to change each year)
- Achievement of at least second year status by having earned a minimum of 24 semester credits or the equivalent by the time that the school checks academic progress for the PA State Grant Program
- Achievement of a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.25 as of the time that the school checks academic progress for the PA State Grant program
- Has a complete FAFSA® (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and PA State Grant application on file
- Meets all the other eligibility criteria for the PA State Grant Program with the exception of financial need (Reject E or M)
Since it is possible that eligible students will exceed the RTSS funds available, students will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis according to the date of FAFSA and PA State Grant Form completion.