- Why work for PHEAA?
PHEAA is one of the nation's leading nonprofit student aid organizations and one of the largest employers in Central Pennsylvania. PHEAA devotes its energy, resources, and imagination to developing innovative ways to ease the financial burden of higher education for Pennsylvania students, families, and taxpayers. Our employees strive for excellence and in turn are rewarded with challenging job opportunities, competitive salaries, and an excellent benefits package.
- What employment opportunities are available at PHEAA?
PHEAA offers entry-level call center and professional level positions. View our job openings online.
- I recently applied for a position. What happens next?
- A recruiter reviews all applications on file and identifies the candidates whose skills and abilities best match the job requirements of the position.
- Only candidates who possess the necessary skills are considered.
- The recruiter will contact these candidates via email or phone to inform them about the next steps in the application process.
- What if I forget my password?
You will not need to have a password for our system, just your email address.
- What if I want to review/update my contact information or application?
- Select "My Account" at the top right corner of the PHEAA Careers portal page
- Under "Find Your Account", enter the email address you used to apply
- Select "Find Account"
- An email will be sent to you with further instructions
- Do benefits begin on the 1st day of employment?
For full-time staff employees, most benefits, including health care coverage and life insurance, begin on the 1st day of employment.
Non staff employees who work an average of 30 hours per week will be eligible to enroll in a Bronze Plan for health care coverage on the first day of employment.
- Does PHEAA provide a retirement plan?
All staff employees and wage employees (call center employees in entry-level positions) contribute toward the State Employees' Retirement System (SERS). The employee contribution rate is 8.25%, which is automatically deducted each pay period on a pretax basis. In addition, PHEAA contributes to each employee's account in SERS.
- What type of paid leave does PHEAA offer?
PHEAA employees benefit from a generous paid leave program. There are two categories of leave: annual and sick. All staff employees are eligible for annual and sick leave. Wage employees (entry-level call center employees) may be eligible for annual and sick leave after working a minimum of 750 hours.
- Does PHEAA provide parking? What is the cost?
PHEAA provides parking to employees free of charge. Parking is on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be guaranteed. Designated handicapped parking spaces are available.
- What is PHEAA's dress code?
Employees contribute to the corporate culture and public reputation of PHEAA through their dress and personal appearance. Some business units enjoy business casual attire, whereas others require professional business attire.
- Are PHEAA facilities tobacco-free?
In keeping with PHEAA's intent to provide a safe and healthy work environment, smoking is prohibited throughout the workplace, although there are designated smoking areas outside. This policy applies equally to all employees, customers, and visitors.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
EEO is the Law (PDF)
PHEAA promotes a drug-free workplace.