State Work-Study Employment: After You Apply
You can check the status of your State Work-Study Program application online in Account Access, our secure website.
Also take some time to make the following arrangements:
- Make sure that your paperwork is in order and you are prepared for your first day on the job.
- Check with your Financial Aid Office to determine if your State Work-Study Program earnings have any effect on your other financial aid.
- Read and understand your State Work-Study Program eligibility notification from PHEAA. PHEAA sends this information to both you and your employer. Your employer needs to read it, too.
- Speak with your employer and agree on the date you will start work (no earlier than the beginning date listed on your approval notice) and the number of hours you will be scheduled to work each week.
- Confirm that your employer has received a copy of your approval notice.
Enjoy your new job!
by telecommunications deviceTTY: Dial 711
(for hearing impaired)
By U.S. Mail
State Grant and Special Programs
P.O. Box 8157
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8157
Hours of Operations
Monday to Friday
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (ET)
NOTE: Effective March 1, 2018, information about a State Grant or Special Programs applicant/recipient will only be released to the student and authorized third parties. PHEAA will also no longer honor any prior third party authorization forms. We apologize for any inconvenience and encourage the applicant/recipient to contact us directly to learn more about his/her account status.