Only eligible students can participate in the SWSP. Once you know you're eligible, you need to find an employer who offers SWSP positions. You should also contact the Financial Aid Office at your school to determine if SWSP earnings will impact your other aid award.
Am I Eligible?
To be considered for the SWSP, you must:
- Be a Pennsylvania resident
- Be enrolled at least half-time in a PA State Grant Program-approved higher education institution
- Be an undergraduate student who is eligible for a PA State Grant Program or be a graduate student who still has financial need after gift aid has been applied
- Be able to benefit from a career-related work experience
- Not be in default or pending default on an education loan or owe a PA State Grant refund
How Do I Find an Eligible Job?
There are a couple of ways to find jobs that are approved for the SWSP:
Use our online job search to find available SWSP positions in your area. We update job postings daily.
Find your own employer. If you find a position with an employer who is interested in our SWSP, the employer will need to apply. Please direct the potential employer to the PA Work-Study Employers section on this website.