Pennsylvania Targeted Industry Program: Prepare
Before you apply, check if you are eligible.
Am I Eligible?
To be considered for PA-TIP, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen, or eligible noncitizen as described on the FAFSA® (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Be a domiciliary of Pennsylvania.
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or recognized homeschool certificate.
- File the 2018-19 FAFSA.
- Complete and return the 2018-19 PA-TIP Student Application (PDF) to PHEAA by May 1, 2019 (application will be available no later than July 2018).
- Be enrolled at an institution approved by PHEAA.
- Be enrolled in an approved program of study (PDF) that is at least 10 weeks but less than two academic years in length. Students attending non-profit institutions must be enrolled at least half-time in an approved program. All other students must be enrolled full-time.
- Have financial need as determined by the program guidelines and certified by the school.
- Not be in default or pending default on an education loan or owe a State Grant refund.
- Not be receiving a Pennsylvania State Grant for the program of study.
- Not be considered an incarcerated student, which is consistent with guidelines associated with the Pennsylvania State Grant Program.
- Supply a copy of the DD214 Form if the applicant is a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces and was honorably discharged.
NOTE: Students who have completed a bachelor's or graduate degree are still eligible to apply for a PA-TIP award.
- TTY: Dial 711
(for hearing impaired)
By U.S. Mail
State Grant and Special Programs
P.O. Box 8157
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8157
Hours of Operations
Monday to Friday
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (ET)
NOTE: Effective March 1, 2018, information about a State Grant or Special Programs applicant/recipient will only be released to the student and authorized third parties. PHEAA will also no longer honor any prior third party authorization forms. We apologize for any inconvenience and encourage the applicant/recipient to contact us directly to learn more about his/her account status.
Are You a Veteran?
Don't forget to attach a copy of the DD214 Form with your application. Your Veteran status can help maximize your award amount.
Are You a School or Employer interested in PA-TIP?
Find out how you can participate.