You must begin repayment of your scholarship funds after a 6-month grace period if you fail to meet any of the following NETS obligations:
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA (to be verified annually by your Financial Aid Office at the end of every spring term)
- Maintain consecutive enrollment
- Complete an internship (SciTech recipients only)
- Complete an approved NETS program of study
- Work full time in Pennsylvania in a NETS-related field for the required amount of time
PHEAA administers repayment through American Education Services (AES). Interest may be assessed daily at the annual fixed rate of 8% from the date you lost eligibility. We will contact you in writing to advise you of your repayment terms.
You can defer repayment while you are enrolled as a full-time student. Simply download and complete an AES In-School Deferment Request (PDF).
For other possible deferment options, contact PHEAA:
By U.S. Mail
Graduate and Professional Services
P.O. Box 2461
Harrisburg, PA 17105-2461
If you do not make any payments for 120 days, you will be in default, at which time your entire outstanding balance becomes payable. We will report your default to the nationwide consumer reporting agencies and may initiate legal action, including wage garnishment.
NETS Program FAQ
- If I received a NETS scholarship last year, must I apply again this year?
- What is the GPA requirement for the NETS Program?
- Must I live in Pennsylvania during my work obligation?
Documents & Forms
- NETS Approved Programs (PDF)
- Graduate/Undergraduate Study Deferment Request (PDF)
- Employment Verification (PDF)
- Third-Party Authorization (PDF)
- Out of State Fellowship Deferment Request (PDF)
- Out of State Medical Residency Deferment Request (PDF)
- Out of State Job Requirements Deferment Request (PDF)
- General Employment Deferment Reques (PDF)