PA New Economy Technology Scholarship (NETS) Program Repayment
You must begin repayment of your scholarship funds after a 6-month grace period if you fail to meet any of the following NETS obligations:
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA (to be verified annually by your Financial Aid Office at the end of every spring term)
- Maintain consecutive enrollment
- Complete an internship (SciTech recipients only)
- Complete an approved NETS program of study
- Work full time in Pennsylvania in a NETS-related field for the required amount of time
PHEAA administers repayment through American Education Services (AES). Interest may be assessed daily at the annual fixed rate of 8% from the date you lost eligibility. We will contact you in writing to advise you of your repayment terms.
If you believe you are incorrectly in repayment, please verify your NETS employment of defer your obligation. This can alter your repayment amount, or it can completely remove the need for you to be in repayment.
For questions about your NETS grant, employment obligation, or deferment, please contact us:
By U.S. Mail
P.O. Box 8157
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8157
For information about your loan, contact AES:
By U.S. Mail
Graduate and Professional Services
P.O. Box 2461
Harrisburg, PA 17105-2461
If you do not make any payments for 120 days, you will be in default, at which time your entire outstanding balance becomes payable. We will report your default to the nationwide consumer reporting agencies and may initiate legal action, including wage garnishment.