PHEAA is currently looking for results oriented professionals for Loan Counselor positions in a fast-paced call center environment. Loan Counselor positions involve receiving in-bound and/or placing outbound calls regarding student loan accounts and may also involve speaking with delinquent customers as a result of customer contact.
- These are entry-level positions our processors revise or make changes to account information such as names on file, repayment plans, due dates, postponing payments, or other account adjustments.
- Requests made by borrowers are honored in conjunction with the standards set by the Department of Education.
- Due to the sensitivity of customer information, maintaining confidentiality is necessary.
- We provide a paid 2-8 week training program which includes practice on live customer accounts.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Computer literacy and knowledge of MS Office
Created in 1963 by the Pennsylvania General Assembly, the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) has evolved into one of the nation's leading student aid organizations. Today, PHEAA is a national provider of student financial aid services, serving millions of students and thousands of schools through its loan guaranty, loan servicing, financial aid processing, outreach, and other student aid programs.
PHEAA's earnings are used to support its public service mission and to pay its operating costs, including administration of the Pennsylvania State Grant and other state-funded student aid programs. PHEAA continues to devote its energy, resources, and imagination to developing innovative ways to ease the financial burden of higher education for students, families, schools, and taxpayers.
PHEAA conducts its student loan servicing activities nationally as American Education Services (AES) and FedLoan Servicing (FLS). *LI-RP1-2
PHEAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer