PHEAA is seeking a Telecom System Analyst to join our team. This role is a technical position responsible for implementation, upgrades, troubleshooting, on-going maintenance of the voice network and telephony systems, and other related applications. This position will monitor and analyze system traffic, prepare reports, respond to telecommunication requests, tier III support, and make recommendations for improving system performance. This position performs at a moderate level of complexity with a high level of proficiency under general supervision.
Network and systems support
- Analyze data to define the desired results of the applications, the restraints upon systems design, and the relationships of the application to other systems, and the controls to be placed on system operation.
- Maintain call flow, architecture, inter-system dependencies, and other documentation.
- Monitor and analyze system traffic and prepare reports.
- Create or modify telephones, user objects and other configurations in a server-based contact center telephony environment.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of end user telephony issues and problems, escalating issues with and working directly with technical support (vendors) when necessary.
- Evaluate upgrades to determine changes needed before implementation.
- Responsible for providing assistance and technical support for network design activities.
Installation and configuration
- Support installation and lead the maintenance of systems, software, and hardware (i.e. Private Branch Exchange (PBX), voicemail, Call Recording System, CTI systems, IVR, Auto Dialer, voice mail etc.
- Configure and install server hardware, software and peripheral components according to design or installation specifications and ensure operability.
- Assist senior level telecom system administrator(s) in the planning, design, and implementation of telecommunications networks.
- Assist with developing project quotes, when needed.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology (IT) related with at least two years of applicable experience or equivalent combination in skills, knowledge, abilities and training.
- Proficient knowledge of the principles and practices of client server networks, voice networks, business process automation.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem solving.
- Proficient knowledge and skills in Microsoft Operating Systems, relational database concepts, telephony concepts, and any other relevant programming and server based systems.
- Ability to plan, organize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Track record analyzing moderately complex information to draw alternative conclusions.
- Proven ability to learn and support new hardware, software and operating systems and apply innovative business solutions.
- Effective communication skills necessary to make yourself understood when speaking about complex technical subjects.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems professionally and promptly; able to manage stressful situations.
- Is willing to challenge norms, suggests or implements changes to improve team’s or cross-team performance.
- Valid Pennsylvania Drivers License
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position requires participation in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation. The frequency of the rotation depends on the number of members in the team. On-call requires carrying a cell-phone and responding to calls within the agreed upon timeframe set within PHEAA’s standards. Internet connectivity from home is required as part of the on-call rotation.
- Flexible for occasional off-site travel required.
- Must be able to lift 25-30 pounds
Candidates will enjoy our comprehensive total rewards program offering Pennsylvania Employees Benefit Trust Fund (PEBTF) health/dental insurance and defined benefit plan, as well as life insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, participation in a deferred compensation program, and generous paid vacations and holidays.
Created in 1963 by the Pennsylvania General Assembly, the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) has evolved into one of the nation's leading student aid organizations. Today, PHEAA is a national provider of student financial aid services, serving millions of students and thousands of schools through its loan guaranty, loan servicing, financial aid processing, outreach, and other student aid programs.
PHEAA's earnings are used to support its public service mission and to pay its operating costs, including administration of the Pennsylvania State Grant and other state-funded student aid programs. PHEAA continues to devote its energy, resources, and imagination to developing innovative ways to ease the financial burden of higher education for students, families, schools, and taxpayers.
PHEAA conducts its student loan servicing activities nationally as American Education Services (AES) and FedLoan Servicing (FLS). #LI-BS1 #Dice
PHEAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer