PHEAA is looking for an Operational Data Analyst to join our team. This position is responsible for generating moderate to complex reports and extracts, analyzing them for financial and non-financial measures and supporting internal and external customers. This position programs primarily Statistical Analysis System (SAS) software. Internal customers include operational business units, corporate executives, and Information Technology (IT). The external customer list includes financial and educational institutions, state legislature and federal government and regulatory agencies. A strong understanding of business processes and support systems is necessary. Facilitation of effective communication between business users, analysts, IT, and development staff is essential. An ability to deliver innovative development projects while mitigating risk is imperative while working within tight time constraints.
Data Analysis and Design
- Create and test moderate to complex reports and extracts, predominantly utilizing SAS.
- Modify existing reports and extracts to incorporate new business needs or to improve efficiency in design and delivery.
- Develop deep understanding of data within multiple data sources and how to use these data sources correctly.
- Develop statistical analysis using standard reporting, ad hoc reporting, and data mining tools in order to identify patterns and trends. Prepare charts, illustrations, and other graphics and narrative reports to identify and explain data findings.
- Perform quality control check on reports and extracts.
- Maintain understanding and follow all development standards and SDLC processes.
- Develop and implement data collection frameworks and strategies that optimize efficiency and data quality.
- Evaluate system changes to identify and address cross product or system impact.
- Elicit understanding from stakeholders of true business needs and requirements to aid in the creation of proper technical designs and to ensure the applicability of the end product
- Collaborate with peers on new and more effective and efficient techniques of programming and analysis Recommend ways for operational efficiencies; technical, behavioral or business knowledge based.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field and at least two years of SAS programming required or the equivalent in knowledge, skills and experience.
- Must be self-starter with a history of multitasking with minimal supervision and working well under pressure.
- Working knowledge of SAS applications/software such as use of macros, SQL, SAS ODS, SAS GRAPH, TABULATE and/or REPORT PROCs
- Familiarity with running SAS in a mainframe environment using TSO as well as running in a Windows based environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with DB2 and SQL or native SQL.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in situations where the initial objectives are unclear.
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner.
- Experience with large data sets and data cleansing.
- May require working outside normal business hours to meet project deadlines.
- Must be able to extract and analyze data.
Candidates will enjoy our comprehensive total rewards program offering Pennsylvania Employees Benefit Trust Fund (PEBTF) health/dental insurance and defined benefit plan, as well as life insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, participation in a deferred compensation program, and generous paid vacations and holidays.
Created in 1963 by the Pennsylvania General Assembly, the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) has evolved into one of the nation's leading student aid organizations. Today, PHEAA is a national provider of student financial aid services, serving millions of students and thousands of schools through its loan guaranty, loan servicing, financial aid processing, outreach, and other student aid programs.
PHEAA's earnings are used to support its public service mission and to pay its operating costs, including administration of the Pennsylvania State Grant and other state-funded student aid programs. PHEAA continues to devote its energy, resources, and imagination to developing innovative ways to ease the financial burden of higher education for students, families, schools, and taxpayers.
PHEAA conducts its student loan servicing activities nationally as American Education Services (AES) and FedLoan Servicing (FLS).
PHEAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer