PHEAA is looking for a Guarantor Rep I to join our team! This is an entry-level position within the guarantor services family. Duties primarily encompass providing basic and routine responses to customer requests and reviewing borrower files and accounts for compliance with Federal and Guarantor regulations and guidelines.
- Compile information on accounts for guarantor for submission to appropriate databases.
- Review account information to ensure loan has been serviced and loan information is in compliance with appropriate regulations.
- Research basic and routine issues to assist in processing concerns.
- Provide accurate responses (written and/or verbal) to requests.
- Perform collection and skiptrace activity on Cure and RAIL portfolio
- Handle outbound/inbound calls for Cure and RAIL portfolio.
- Research basic data conflicts to assist in processing or resolving errors.
- Process all documents pertaining to death, disability or bankruptcy of borrower relative to guarantors, lenders and other institutional customers.
- Act as contact for schools, lenders and guarantors. Makes corrections to accounts based on departmental policies.
- Compile information to be submitted to guarantor for claim payment on behalf of lender.
- Participate in departmental cross-training initiatives.
- Maintain statistical records of all workloads performed in conjunction with regular duties and submit to supervisor daily or weekly.
- Request account adjustments, when necessary, to maintain compliance with regulations.
- Based on guarantor guidelines and federal regulations, assemble in proper order and format all assigned claim documents for designated guarantors.
Minimum Experience and Training:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.Ability to learn departmental and agency-wide processes, procedures, and operations.
- Ability to learn and apply appropriate Federal, Commonwealth or departmental procedures in order to provide effective customer service.
- Knowledge of Title IV and Non-Title IV programs, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of a personal computer (PC).
- Ability to use basic office equipment (processing machine, fax machine, copier, telephone, printer, etc.)
Candidates will enjoy our comprehensive total rewards program offering Pennsylvania Employees Benefit Trust Fund (PEBTF) health/dental insurance and defined benefit plan, as well as life insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, participation in a deferred compensation program, and generous paid vacations and holidays.
Created in 1963 by the Pennsylvania General Assembly, the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) has evolved into one of the nation's leading student aid organizations. Today, PHEAA is a national provider of student financial aid services, serving millions of students and thousands of schools through its loan guaranty, loan servicing, financial aid processing, outreach, and other student aid programs.
PHEAA's earnings are used to support its public service mission and to pay its operating costs, including administration of the Pennsylvania State Grant and other state-funded student aid programs. PHEAA continues to devote its energy, resources, and imagination to developing innovative ways to ease the financial burden of higher education for students, families, schools, and taxpayers.
PHEAA conducts its student loan servicing activities nationally as American Education Services (AES) and FedLoan Servicing (FLS).
PHEAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer