PHEAA is seeking a Middleware Administrator to join our team. This position is part of a job family and could be hired as an associate, career or senior level based on experience. This position will perform setup, maintenance, monitoring and problem determination of the Middleware infrastructure to ensure PHEAA’s Middleware business applications perform as expected and can handle future growth. Discipline will have primary focus on one of the following: WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere MQ or IBM Integration Bus and provide backup to the other disciplines.
Configure, administer and support
- Work with server hardware, database, network and security administrators to create and maintain a robust technical infrastructure.
- Apply patches, hot fixes, and new releases to any of the application server software assigned.
- Provide suggestions on current and future infrastructure changes based on capacity projections and performance monitoring.
- Suggest standards and guidelines for application server configurations based on best practices and needs of applications development teams.
- Collaborate with application development teams to develop solutions based on current and future server configurations.
- Troubleshoot problems that may arise, getting to the root cause to facilitate solving the problems.
- Support deployment of application software to any of the production and non-production environments.
- Participate in Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
- Cross train in areas of the group that you are not familiar with.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience as well as :
Associate: up to two years of experience in an application development environment on an enterprise scale or web application server administrative experience.
- Effective communication skills necessary to make yourself understood when speaking about technical subjects.
- Knowledge of SQL concepts.
- Knowledge of client/server technology.
- Knowledge of JAVA/J2EE.
- Experience with one of the following platforms: z/Linux, Linux, AIX or Windows pertaining to application server software.
- Self-started with an aptitude to learn new technology quickly.
- Proficient experience in MS Office Suite products.
- Understanding of latest version (or 1 prior) MQ, WebSphere, IBM Information Bus.
- Exposure to performance monitoring tool (i.e. ITCAMS, CA APM, etc).
- Knowledge using Java Messaging Service (JMS), Message Driven Beans (MDB) and Enterprise Java Beans (EJB).
- Experience with MobileFirst platform
Career: one to three years of experience in an application development environment on an enterprise scale or the equivalent experience, training, and knowledge.
- Applicants must also have 3 three plus years of experience administering a web application server environment within a complex web application environment on an enterprise scale using WebSphere Application Server or WebSphere MQ or IBM Integration Bus. Proficient with an application performance monitoring tool (i.e. VEEAM, CA APM, etc).
- Proficient with one of the following virtualized platforms: Linux or AIX pertaining to application server software.
- Experience with WebSphere Message Broker v7 or higher, IBM Integration Bus v9 or higher, or experience with WebSphere MQ v7 or higher.
- Experience with JAVA/J2EE.
- Knowledge of DB2 and SQL concepts.
- Knowledge of Java Messaging Service (JMS), Message Driven Beans (MDB) and Enterprise Java Beans (EJB).
Senior: with three plus years of experience in an application development environment on an enterprise scale and five plus years of experience administering a Middelware server environment within a complex web application environment on an enterprise scale using either WebSphere Application Server or WebSphere MQ, IBM Integration Bus or the equivalent combination of knowledge, training, and experience.
- Advanced with application performance monitoring tools (i.e. ITCAMS CA APM etc)
- Advanced with one of the following platforms: z/Linux, Linux, AIX or Intel pertaining to application server software
- Proficient in MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of PHEAA technical middleware infrastructure
- Knowledge of student loan industry, specifically PHEAA’s
- Experience with IBM Integration Bus v9 or higher or experience with WebSphere MQ v8 or higher
- Experience with JAVA/JEE
- Experience with DB2 and SQL concepts
- Experience with Java Messaging Service (JMS), Message Driven Beans (MDB) and Enterprise Java Beans (EJB)
- Experience with zLinux, Linux, AIX and Intel (ESX) environments
- Experience with MobileFirst platform
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Provide 24/7 support as needed.
Candidates will enjoy our comprehensive total rewards program offering Pennsylvania Employees Benefit Trust Fund (PEBTF) health/dental insurance and defined benefit plan, as well as life insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, participation in a deferred compensation program, and generous paid vacations and holidays.
Created in 1963 by the Pennsylvania General Assembly, the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) has evolved into one of the nation's leading student aid organizations. Today, PHEAA is a national provider of student financial aid services, serving millions of students and thousands of schools through its loan guaranty, loan servicing, financial aid processing, outreach, and other student aid programs.
PHEAA's earnings are used to support its public service mission and to pay its operating costs, including administration of the Pennsylvania State Grant and other state-funded student aid programs. PHEAA continues to devote its energy, resources, and imagination to developing innovative ways to ease the financial burden of higher education for students, families, schools, and taxpayers.
PHEAA conducts its student loan servicing activities nationally as American Education Services (AES) and FedLoan Servicing (FLS). #LI-BS1 #Dice
PHEAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer