PHEAA is currently looking for motivated and dependable individuals for an open Records Clerk position at our Headquarters Location. This individual will be responsible for providing support within the Records Management department.
This is an entry level position providing support within the Records Management department performing the following;
- Messenger runs to the Post Office which requires operating Agency vehicles.
- Sort/extracting mail received
- Identifying/preparing like correspondence for imaging
- Performing system research
- Operating various Kodak Equipment to Imaging correspondence to scan correspondence and retrieve images
- Indexing (Data Entry)
- Perform Quality Assurance edits as well as other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Computer literacy and knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to type
- Valid PA Driver’s license
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to perform routine maintenance on equipment
- Excellent attendance, dependability, and attention to detail
- Ability to operate motor vehicle
- Ability to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
We reward Records Clerk's hard work and dedication, and their contributions to the Agency's public service mission. Regular increases are established for continued service as outlined below.
- $12.00 - After completing 6 months of continuous service since the most recent date of hire
- $12.50 - After completing 12 months of continuous service since the most recent date of hire
- $12.97- After completing 18 months of continuous service since the most recent date of hire
Employees working a shift beginning 11:30 a.m. or later will earn an additional $1.00/hour
State Employees Retirement System (SERS)
Candidates working an average of 30 hours per week (1560 hours per year) are offered our medical benefit program which is the Pennsylvania Employees Benefit Trust Fund (PEBTF) Bronze Plan. Candidates are eligible for tuition reimbursement, participation in a deferred compensation program, paid holidays, and after working 750 hours, will earn vacation and sick leave. Candidates will contribute to the State Employees Retirement System.
- Seven paid holidays & Earn paid vacation and sick time after working 750 hours
- Convenient access to public transportation
- Onsite Daycare*
- Free on-site parking*
- Fitness Center*
*Not available at all locations.
Created in 1963 by the Pennsylvania General Assembly, the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) has evolved into one of the nation's leading student aid organizations. Today, PHEAA is a national provider of student financial aid services, serving millions of students and thousands of schools through its loan guaranty, loan servicing, financial aid processing, outreach, and other student aid programs.
PHEAA's earnings are used to support its public service mission and to pay its operating costs, including administration of the Pennsylvania State Grant and other state-funded student aid programs. PHEAA continues to devote its energy, resources, and imagination to developing innovative ways to ease the financial burden of higher education for students, families, schools, and taxpayers.
PHEAA conducts its student loan servicing activities nationally as American Education Services (AES) and FedLoan Servicing (FLS).
PHEAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer