PHEAA is seeking a Business Systems Support Analyst to join our team. This position is a liaison between the business unit, IT Portfolio Management, WAPC and other departments. Performs moderately complex analytical work and provides functional requirements to applicable systems. The focus of this role is to complete Functional and System Integration Testing (SIT) by reviewing system automation and/or tools to ensure accuracy, document and communicate any potential issues or concerns, create requirements for new system automation or tool enhancements and create necessary reporting.
Analysis and Documentation
- Liaison between business unit, remote clients, and IT Portfolio Management ensuring collaborative relationship. Analyze, capture, and understand the true needs of the business unit and remote clients, gathering information efficiently by interviewing using probing questions, to gather functional requirements.
- Collaborate in project activities with associated business system(s).
- Conduct the research and analysis of business systems and submit change requests when necessary, following appropriate standards. Monitor business system changes, post change validation, to make sure they are working effectively.
- Participate in defining business requirements according to standard templates which may involve multiple legacy systems or defining functional requirements through agreed web customer user experience process. May work with IT requirement analysts and system architects or web team to accommodate changes.
- Initiate system change requests (CR) to fulfill client or business unit requests for new or modified system functionality. Track change request through life-cycle.
- Capture and evaluate statistics to analyze new system implementation processes are having desired impact, raise issues as needed.
- Design and conduct user acceptance testing activities ensuring business needs/specifications have been met.
- Maintain a user acceptance testing problem tracking system in support of testing. Ensure user acceptance test scripts are kept updated with system functionality.
- Develop SIT/Functional test cases; create and execute SIT/Functional test scripts to perform Quality Control functions.
- Assess potential problems and recommend corrective actions to resolve or mitigate associated risks.
- Research and identify root cause of production errors encountered during production processing.
- Recommend and document issues, workarounds or needed changes and communicate to impacted users internally and externally.
- Produce reports and queries (using templates, Advanced Query Tool (AQT), and Statistical Analysis System (SAS)) to support system and/or process decisions.
- Collaborate and communicate with project stakeholders and project team in a timely and clear fashion. Identify and resolve issues and conflicts.
- Mentor and motivate team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Develop and deliver appropriate progress reports, proposals, and presentations.
- Coordinate with other areas to ensure that dependencies are being managed and adjustments are being made to communicate accurate project status.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree and one to three years of professional business administration experience or any combination of skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Experience managing system change requests through their life cycle.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Requirements gathering, analysis and documentation experience.
- Proven attentive and active listening skills.
- Effective time management, organization and prioritizing ability.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Intermediate level of experience in Excel and database management.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in Visual Basic Scripting, and data management using SAS and SQL
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sedentary work (office environment).
- Frequently requires – repetitive motions (substantial movements of the wrist, hand, and/or fingers).
- This position requires 24X7X365 on call rotation as required for extenuating business circumstances. On call requires carrying a cell phone and responding to calls within the agreed upon timeframe set within PHEAA’s standards. Internet connectivity from home is required as part of the on call rotation.
- Must be able to use a personal computer.
Candidates will enjoy our comprehensive total rewards program offering Pennsylvania Employees Benefit Trust Fund (PEBTF) health/dental insurance and defined benefit plan, as well as life insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, participation in a deferred compensation program, and generous paid vacations and holidays.
Created in 1963 by the Pennsylvania General Assembly, the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) has evolved into one of the nation's leading student aid organizations. Today, PHEAA is a national provider of student financial aid services, serving millions of students and thousands of schools through its loan guaranty, loan servicing, financial aid processing, outreach, and other student aid programs.
PHEAA's earnings are used to support its public service mission and to pay its operating costs, including administration of the Pennsylvania State Grant and other state-funded student aid programs. PHEAA continues to devote its energy, resources, and imagination to developing innovative ways to ease the financial burden of higher education for students, families, schools, and taxpayers.
PHEAA conducts its student loan servicing activities nationally as American Education Services (AES) and FedLoan Servicing (FLS).
PHEAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer