PHEAA is looking for a UAT Analyst to join our team. This position is responsible for design, documentation and execution of test plans/scripts for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) following defined processes and methods. Partnering with the Testing Center of Excellence (TCOE) and other areas of Information Technology (IT) (as needed), the UAT Analyst role is expected to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of project testing in order to deliver high-quality products and solutions for our customers.
User Acceptance Testing
- Support the Agency’s testing activities through procurement and creation of detailed UAT test plans(s)/test case(s), including researching test data needs through analysis of standards, implementation guides, and requirements/design documentation as well as collaboration with other domain experts; and the integrating them with the project schedule.
- Execute test cases, including logging test incidents, and refining level of effort estimate as needed.
- Document compliance of Demand Requests (DR’s) to the business needs/requirements
- Identify and execute UAT required to support project scope and goals.
- Collaborate with team members to support release planning, estimation, and delivery processes.
- Responsible for own project related deadlines.
- Ensure PHEAA/ AES meets the needs of both internal and external customers to ensure consistent UAT of software changes.
- Submit requests to have data migrated and test region assigned.
- Assist in coordination of final business signoff for DR’s.
Research and Analysis
- Analyze, interpret, and summarize test data and metrics, and communicate the results to project team, stakeholders, and management.
- Prepare testing estimates for proposed application releases.
- Determine activities as well as steps taken to resolve issues and provide recommendations with respect to effective use of PHEAA resources.
- Provide input to, or participate in, process improvement.
- Recognize problems and respond, systematically gather information, sort through complex issues, seek input from others, identify and report root cause of issues, make timely decisions, use consensus when possible, communicate decisions to others.
- Create reports as needed to support UAT efforts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively in a team environment sharing best practices and business knowledge and business process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience, two to four years of quality assurance testing/business analyst experience or the equivalent knowledge, experience, and training.
- Proven experience managing multiple activities with varying priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to create requests (Advanced Query Tool (AQT), Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS) or Structured Query Language (SQL)) for data to validate business requirements.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, technologies used in UAT testing (COMPASS, OneLink, Web, etc.).
- Experience with, or knowledge of, HP Quality Center (QC).
- Demonstrated analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business requirements and needs
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, determine and select data to validate business requirements
- Strong influencing skills both verbally in writing to influence those who are not direct reports, and to elicit business need and present business/technical cases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform work required for this position in an office environment utilizing contemporary office equipment for extended period of time.
- This position requires 24 X 7 X 365 on-call rotation as required for extenuating business circumstances. On-call requires carrying a cell-phone and responding to calls within the agreed upon timeframe set within PHEAA’s standards. Internet connectivity from home is required as part of the on-call rotation.
Candidates will enjoy our comprehensive total rewards program offering Pennsylvania Employees Benefit Trust Fund (PEBTF) health/dental insurance and defined benefit plan, as well as life insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, participation in a deferred compensation program, and generous paid vacations and holidays.
Created in 1963 by the Pennsylvania General Assembly, the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) has evolved into one of the nation's leading student aid organizations. Today, PHEAA is a national provider of student financial aid services, serving millions of students and thousands of schools through its loan guaranty, loan servicing, financial aid processing, outreach, and other student aid programs.
PHEAA's earnings are used to support its public service mission and to pay its operating costs, including administration of the Pennsylvania State Grant and other state-funded student aid programs. PHEAA continues to devote its energy, resources, and imagination to developing innovative ways to ease the financial burden of higher education for students, families, schools, and taxpayers.
PHEAA conducts its student loan servicing activities nationally as American Education Services (AES) and FedLoan Servicing (FLS).
PHEAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer