This position is responsible for delivering new hire, soft skills and continuing education training. Trainers are responsible for coaching, developing, leading, motivating, modeling, training and scheduling to ensure our employees receive quality training, under close to moderate supervision.
- Update and deliver learning and development programs (instructor-led) by assessing, evaluating and/or designing, and aligning potential solutions with organization strategies.
- Prepare and distribute training materials such as participant and facilitator guides, handouts, evaluation forms, and visual aids; updates and delivers presentations; sets up audiovisual equipment.
- Provide tools and training solutions to address any gaps in knowledge, competency, and skills.
- Ability to demonstrate best practices and provide coaching conversations to include positive reinforcement and skill improvement through on the job training.
- Maintain tracking system to ensure accurate employee training records, track training needs, and collect evaluation results.
- Skilled at classroom facilitation and managing effective discussion and dialogue to enhance the learning experience in a diverse classroom environment.
- Analyze training effectiveness through test scores, production statistics and error ratios, and additional mentoring needed during training as well as after training follow up; to make changes to ensure comprehension and application of material and to evaluate additional training needs.
- Recommend training requirements from analysis provided by Quality Assurance.
- Remain current on developments in training and instructional methodologies including technology enhancements; attend periodic seminars, forums, and meetings to ensure educational methodology is current and relevant.
- Document and maintain detailed policies and procedures for department processes.
- Ensure the completion of all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Responsible for the related clerical aspects of training function.
- Analyze, address and resolve performance and disciplinary issues during training.
- Evaluate employee performance prior to and after completion of training; recommend necessary additional training.
- Communicate training and cross-training program changes to affected staff.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoots minor computer and equipment issues and works with Information Technology to resolve issues.
- Schedules the appropriate training space and prepares the physical setup for training; cleaning of the room, verifying equipment works, and setting up of the tables.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of training experience or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to adapt training to all levels of experience as well as incorporating various training tools to develop knowledge and productive employees while in training and once released to their respective department(s).
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication, active listening, motivational and facilitation skills.
- Proven experience with creating presentations.
- Demonstrated proficient performance management and effective coaching techniques.
- Proven flexibility to manage last minute training requests or changes.
- Developed problem solving skills and the ability to focus attention on details.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexible for occasional off-site travel required.
- Off shift hours may be required based upon business needs
Preferred Qualifications: Training experience in a call center and a comprehensive understanding of federal regulations/requirements.
Candidates will enjoy our comprehensive total rewards program offering Pennsylvania Employees Benefit Trust Fund (PEBTF) health/dental insurance and defined benefit plan, as well as life insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, participation in a deferred compensation program, and generous paid vacations and holidays.
Created in 1963 by the Pennsylvania General Assembly, the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) has evolved into one of the nation's leading student aid organizations. Today, PHEAA is a national provider of student financial aid services, serving millions of students and thousands of schools through its loan guaranty, loan servicing, financial aid processing, outreach, and other student aid programs.
PHEAA's earnings are used to support its public service mission and to pay its operating costs, including administration of the Pennsylvania State Grant and other state-funded student aid programs. PHEAA continues to devote its energy, resources, and imagination to developing innovative ways to ease the financial burden of higher education for students, families, schools, and taxpayers.
PHEAA conducts its student loan servicing activities nationally as American Education Services (AES) and FedLoan Servicing (FLS).
PHEAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer