PHEAA is seeking Credit Bureau Reporting Processing Clerks to join their growing team! This is an entry-level position within the customer service family. In this challenging and rewarding role, duties primarily encompass providing basic and routine responses to Automated Consumer Dispute Verifications (ACDVs).. These positions organize and review data collected from incoming borrower correspondence, paper documents, and/or lender/servicer system; process disputes in regards to research conducted and further documentation/action needed at a credit dispute level.
- Organize and review data collected from incoming borrower correspondence, paper documents, and/or lender/servicer system; process disputes in regards to research conducted and further documentation/action needed at a credit dispute level.
- Compile and prepare information necessary to process adjustments to existing loans, new loans, or consolidation of loans.
- Address and resolve typical and routine issues with accounts.
- Revise or make changes to account information such as address changes, name changes, or social security number changes.
- Briefly but thoroughly document any action taken or not taken in the course of a contact with a customer or consumer dispute.
- Understand activity on loans, including; accruing interest, tax deduction, or the timing of payment posting.
- Report customer issues and concerns to supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Computer literacy and knowledge of MS Office
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
- Equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred Qualifications and/or Experience:
Candidates are offered our medical benefit program which is the Pennsylvania Employees Benefit Trust Fund (PEBTF) Bronze Plan. Candidates are eligible for life insurance, tuition reimbursement, participation in a deferred compensation program, paid holidays, and after working 750 hours, will earn vacation and sick leave. Candidates will contribute to the State Employees Retirement System.
Created in 1963 by the Pennsylvania General Assembly, the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) has evolved into one of the nation's leading student aid organizations. Today, PHEAA is a national provider of student financial aid services, serving millions of students and thousands of schools through its loan guaranty, loan servicing, financial aid processing, outreach, and other student aid programs.
PHEAA's earnings are used to support its public service mission and to pay its operating costs, including administration of the Pennsylvania State Grant and other state-funded student aid programs. PHEAA continues to devote its energy, resources, and imagination to developing innovative ways to ease the financial burden of higher education for students, families, schools, and taxpayers.
PHEAA conducts its student loan servicing activities nationally as American Education Services (AES) and FedLoan Servicing (FLS). *LI-RP1-2
PHEAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer