PHEAA is currently looking for results oriented, customer service focused professionals for Bilingual Call Center Representative positions in a fast-paced call center environment. Call Center Representative positions handle customer questions, complaints, and status/billing inquiries with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism in order to resolve customer inquiries in one call.
Call Center Representatives will use web-based tools and resources to accurately resolve customer inquiries and should demonstrate the associated proficiency in typing and grammar. Call Center Representatives accurately process incoming correspondence and make account adjustments by following departmental procedures. The job entails providing extraordinary customer service while providing information.
- Call Center Representatives answer inbound calls handling a variety of complex account issues.
- Answer questions, identify the root cause of the call and research to resolve the customer inquiry upon first contact. Interactions with customers are based on federal regulations, PHEAA objectives, and department policies.
- Assist customers with troubleshooting online account issues and utilizing online tools that are available to ensure extraordinary customer service.
- Update customer and account information as needed.
- Process incoming correspondence, forms, or other documents received from customers.
- Counsel customers in achieving successful repayment of their student loans. This includes but is not limited to answering payment and billing inquiries, discussing repayment plan options and eligibility, payment alternatives, interest accrual, forgiveness programs, and consolidation.
- Handle difficult or escalated call types and assist with resolution.
- Will work with one or multiple customer support lines in a call center environment.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- Bilingual Spanish Skills
- Computer literacy and knowledge of MS Office
- Prior customer service experience.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must successfully complete an 8 week classroom training program which is a combination of lecture and practice on live customer accounts as well as performing account adjustments. Due to the amount and complexity of information, time off will not be permitted during the training period.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and perform in depth research while assisting the customer.
Preferred Qualifications and/or Experience:
- Associates degree and two years’ experience working in an administrative role providing exceptional customer service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including intermediate knowledge of Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Two years of customer service work experience.
We reward Loan Counselors' hard work and dedication, and their contributions to the Agency's public service mission. Regular increases are established for continued service as outlined below.
- $13.00 - After completing 2 months of continuous service since the most recent date of hire
- $13.50 - After completing 6 months of continuous service since the most recent date of hire
- $14.00 - After completing 9 months of continuous service since the most recent date of hire
(includes shift differential)
Employees working a shift beginning 11:30 a.m. or later will earn an additional $1.00/hour
State Employees Retirement System (SERS)
Candidates working an average of 30 hours per week (1560 hours per year) are offered our medical benefit program which is the Pennsylvania Employees Benefit Trust Fund (PEBTF) Bronze Plan. Candidates are eligible for tuition reimbursement, participation in a deferred compensation program, paid holidays, and after working 750 hours, will earn vacation and sick leave. Candidates will contribute to the State Employees Retirement System.
- Seven paid holidays & Earn paid vacation and sick time after working 750 hours
- Convenient access to public transportation
- Onsite Daycare*
- Free on-site parking
- Fitness Center*
*Not available at all locations.
Created in 1963 by the Pennsylvania General Assembly, the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) has evolved into one of the nation's leading student aid organizations. Today, PHEAA is a national provider of student financial aid services, serving millions of students and thousands of schools through its loan guaranty, loan servicing, financial aid processing, outreach, and other student aid programs.
PHEAA's earnings are used to support its public service mission and to pay its operating costs, including administration of the Pennsylvania State Grant and other state-funded student aid programs. PHEAA continues to devote its energy, resources, and imagination to developing innovative ways to ease the financial burden of higher education for students, families, schools, and taxpayers.
PHEAA conducts its student loan servicing activities nationally as American Education Services (AES) and FedLoan Servicing (FLS).
PHEAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer