To be eligible, schools must:
- Be a federal Title IV eligible institution where the classroom is located in Pennsylvania.
- Provide a copy of your Eligibility and Certification Approval Report (ECAR). Programs listed on school's application must match programs approved on the ECAR.
- Complete and return an Automated Clearing House (ACH) Form so that funds may be transmitted via Electronic funds Transfer (EFT).
- Complete and return a PHEAA Remote Access Agreement (RAA) if one is not on file; all school reports will be delivered through PHEAA's online system.
- Have an approved eligible program of study:
- Must be at least 10 weeks long but less than two academic years in length.
- Cannot be a PA State Grant eligible program.
- Cannot be an Associate Degree program.
- Must be less than 1800 clock hours in length.
- Must not be completed through 100% distance education (online).
- Must correspond to the PA Department of Education Identified Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) codes.
- Program must meet the full-time threshold of at least 12 credits per term or at least 24 clock hours of continuous enrollment per week. Public or private, non-profit institutions may offer awards to students who are enrolled at least half-time. At least half-time is defined as a minimum of six credits per term or a minimum of 12 clock hours of continuous enrollment per week. Programs that do not meet the full-time threshold, and are not public or private non-profit, are not eligible for PA-TIP.
NOTE: Eligible programs are identified by their Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) code. (PDF) Complete the CIP Code Inclusion Request form for a review of new program inclusion.
How to Apply
The deadline to apply for the 2023-24 award year is October 31, 2023. If you are still interested in participating in the 2023-24 year after the deadline, please contact PA-TIP staff at PATip@pheaa.org.
After You Apply
You will receive notification of program eligibility by email from PHEAA.
Did You Know?
PA-TIP is a PHEAA-administered program made possible by $8.6 million in funding provided by the Pennsylvania General Assembly.
- Schools may apply by submitting the 2023-24 PA-TIP School Application, and their current Eligibility and Certification Approval Report (ECAR) issued by the United States Department of Education (ED) signifying approval to offer the exact corresponding PA-TIP Health CIP Codes.
- Review our 2022 PA-TIP Annual Report (PDF)