Fostering Independence Tuition Waiver (FosterEd) Program
The FosterEd Program, created by Act 16 of 2019 and amended by Act 49 of 2019, mandates postsecondary institutions in the Commonwealth waive tuition and mandatory fees for youth who are or were in foster care.
This waiver applies only to charges that remain after all other gift aid (federal, state, and other scholarships or grants) have been applied to the student’s account.
The program is being administered collaboratively by the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) in conjunction with the PA departments of Education, Human Services, and Labor & Industry.
- 2020-21 FosterEd Program Guidelines (PDF) Revised October 2020
- FosterEd Brochure (PDF) Revised December 2020
- FosterEd POC & FAA Contact Form (PDF)
- FosterEd POC FAQ (PDF) Revised December 2020
- 2019 Act 16 Legislation (PDF)