There is no separate student application for the RTSS Program. Instead, participating schools nominate students based upon the RTSS eligibility criteria. Please note that funding for this program is limited, so some eligible nominees may not receive funding.
Since it is possible that eligible students will exceed the RTSS funds available, students will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis according to the date of FAFSA® (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and PA State Grant Form (SGF) completion. If you are ineligible due to limited funding, or if you meet the RTSS eligibility criteria and are interested in being considered for nomination in future years, please review the information below and take the necessary steps to improve your chances for future funding.
|Step 1. Every year submit your FAFSA as early as possible.
- The FAFSA will be available on October 1, for the upcoming school year. Please visit studentaid.gov/FAFSA to file your application. It is important to complete and submit your FAFSA as early as possible, due to the first-come, first-served nature of RTSS.
|Step 2. Review your FAFSA for complete and accurate information.
- After the FAFSA is processed, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) that summarizes the information you provided on your FAFSA. Once you have received your SAR, review it to confirm that it is correct and complete. If you need to make corrections to your FAFSA, visit studentaid.gov/FAFSA and use your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to access your FAFSA and make the necessary changes.
|Step 3. Apply for the PA State Grant by completing the SGF.
- To apply for a PA State Grant when you complete the FAFSA
Complete the SGF online directly from your FAFSA confirmation page. Look for the link that reads "Start your state application to apply for Pennsylvania state-based financial aid."
- To apply for a PA State Grant after you've completed the FAFSA
If you've already submitted your FAFSA online and missed the direct link, you may need to wait until you receive an email directing you to the American Education Services (AES) website to complete the SGF.
Most renewal students are not required to complete the SGF.
Get Started Now
NOTE: If you don't have an online account with AES, you can create one during the PA State Grant application process.
|Step 4. Contact your Financial Aid Office.
- Contact your Financial Aid Office to confirm you will meet the requirements for RTSS for the upcoming year and discuss your potential nomination.