College fairs give you the opportunity to speak with representatives from numerous institutions. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when you go:
- When you arrive, locate the schools you are most interested in attending and investigate them first.
- Ask questions and take notes.
- Add your name to lots of mailing lists. (Bring adhesive address labels to avoid writer's cramp.)
- Ask about ways to pay for higher education. If the college representative can't answer your questions, look for a Pennsylvania School Services Higher Education Access Partner.
- Take a shopping bag with you for the loads of brochures and admission materials you will collect.
- When you get home, organize and file your materials so you can easily access them when it's time to start making decisions.