Act 101 Program
Act 101 Program Update
The Pennsylvania General Assembly appropriates funds to PHEAA for the Pennsylvania State Grant and other programs. PHEAA has reviewed the actions of the General Assembly and the Governor. We are working to confirm awards and/or disburse funds for the current 2015-16 Academic Year as quickly as possible. Please note that this affects all state and federal programs administered by PHEAA.
PHEAA's Act 101 program is a state-funded program which allocates funds to Pennsylvania schools that operate an Act 101 program at their institution. Schools use these funds to provide services to academically and financially disadvantaged students to assist them so they can successfully complete postsecondary study.
To be eligible, schools must:
- Be approved for participation in the Pennsylvania State Grant Program
- Be located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Be authorized to grant degrees
- Be operating a support program (for a minimum of one year) that serves at least 50 students who would qualify under Act 101 guidelines
- Obtain PHEAA's approval for participation
- Submit a completed Act 101 New School Application (PDF) by June 15
After the application is approved by PHEAA, schools will need to submit a detailed program budget and Participation Agreement (PDF).
Schools currently participating in the Act 101 program must submit a completed Act 101 Renewal Application (PDF) by June 15 for the 2015-16 academic year.
A new Participation Agreement is not required for schools currently participating in the Act 101 program.
Act 101 Program Materials
- 2015-16 Act 101 Program Guidelines (PDF)
- 2015-16 Act 101 School Map (PDF)
- 2015-16 Act 101 Directory (PDF)
- 2013-14 Act 101 Student Income Reports Memoranda (PDF)
- My File Gateway User Guide (PDF)
Act 101 Program Forms
- Renewal Application (PDF)
- New School Application (PDF)
- Participation Agreement (PDF)
- 2015-16 Application Budget Template (XLS)