Pennsylvania Targeted Industry Program Schools
PHEAA's Pennsylvania Targeted Industry Program (PA-TIP) provides need-based awards to students who are enrolled in specific programs of study.
To be eligible, schools must:
- Be a federal Title IV eligible institution where the classroom is located in Pennsylvania.
- Complete and return an Automated Clearing House (ACH) Form so that funds may be transmitted via Electronic funds Transfer (EFT).
- Complete and return a Remote Access Agreement (RAA) if one is not on file; all school reports will be delivered through PHEAA's online system.
- Have an approved eligible program of study:
- Must be at least 10 weeks long but less than two academic years in length.
- Cannot be a State Grant eligible program.
- Must not be completed through 100% distance education (online).
- Must correspond to the Pennsylvania Department of Education Identified Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) codes.
- Must be federal Title IV eligible.
NOTE: Eligible programs are identified by their Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) code (PDF). Program of Study not listed? Complete the CIP Code Inclusion Request Form (PDF) for a review of possible inclusion.
How to Apply
The deadline to apply for the 2017-18 award year is December 31, 2017. If you are still interested in participating in the 2017-18 year after the deadline, please contact PA-TIP staff at email@example.com.
After You Apply
You will receive notification of program eligibility by email from PHEAA.
Did You Know?
PA-TIP is administered by PHEAA with $6 million in funding provided by the Agency's business earnings without any taxpayer support.
Option 3, Option 2
- TTY: Dial 711
(for hearing impaired)
- (717) 720-3786 (Fax)
By U.S. Mail
State Grant and Special Programs
P.O. Box 8157
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8157
Hours of Operations
Monday to Friday
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (ET)
Are You a Student interested in PA-TIP?
Find out how you can participate.
Documents & Forms
- 2018-19 PA-TIP School Application (PDF)
- 2017 PA-TIP Annual Report (PDF)
- 2017-18 PA-TIP Program Guidelines (PDF)
- 2017-18 PA-TIP Student Application (PDF)
- 2017-18 PA-TIP Eligible CIP Code List (PDF)
- 2017-18 PA-TIP CIP Code Form (PDF)
- 2017-18 PA-TIP School Eligibility and Awarding FAQ (PDF)
- 2017-18 PA-TIP Brochure (PDF)
- 2017-18 PA-TIP FAQ (PDF)
- 2017-18 PA-TIP Award Estimator (XLS)
- 2016-17 PA-TIP School Certification and Disbursement FAQ (PDF)