To be eligible, schools must:
- Be a federal Title IV eligible institution where the classroom is located in Pennsylvania.
- Provide a copy of your Eligibility and Certification Approval Report (ECAR). Programs listed on school's application must match programs approved on the ECAR.
- Complete and return an Automated Clearing House (ACH) Form so that funds may be transmitted via Electronic funds Transfer (EFT).
- Complete and return a PHEAA Remote Access Agreement (RAA) if one is not on file; all school reports will be delivered through PHEAA's online system.
- Have an approved eligible program of study:
- Must be at least 10 weeks long but less than two academic years in length.
- Cannot be a State Grant eligible program.
- Cannot be an Associate Degree program.
- Must be less than 1800 clock hours in length.
- Must not be completed through 100% distance education (online).
- Must correspond to the Pennsylvania Department of Education Identified Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) codes.
NOTE: Eligible programs are identified by their Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) code (PDF). Complete the CIP Code Inclusion Request form for a review of new program inclusion.
How to Apply
The deadline to apply for the 2020-21 award year is October 31, 2020. If you are still interested in participating in the 2020-21 year after the deadline, please contact PA-TIP staff at email@example.com.
After You Apply
You will receive notification of program eligibility by email from PHEAA.
Did You Know?
PA-TIP is a PHEAA-administered program made possible by $6.3 million in funding provided by the Pennsylvania General Assembly.
Effective the 2019-20 Award Year, programs of study eligible for PA-TIP have expanded to include select programs in the field of health. Interested schools should review the 2019-20 PA-TIP Expansion to Select Health Programs memo (PDF) for more details.
- Review the PA-TIP Health CIP Codes (PDF)
- Schools may apply by submitting the 2020-21 PA-TIP School Application (PDF), and their current Eligibility and Certification Approval Report (ECAR) issued by the United States Department of Education (ED) signifying approval to offer the exact corresponding PA-TIP Health CIP Code(s).
- Review our 2020 PA-TIP Annual Report (PDF)
*State Grant award is subject to change