Pennsylvania State Grant Program
State Grant Update
If you have submitted your 2017-18 FAFSA® (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and all requested documentation to PHEAA, you will receive an eligibility notice beginning in May. You may check your status in Account Access.
A grant is a type of financial aid award that you don't need to repay, as long as you meet all of the eligibility requirements.
Before you apply for a Pennsylvania State Grant, find out whether you meet the eligibility requirements and how much money you can expect to receive.
To be considered for a Pennsylvania State Grant, you must fill out the FAFSA® (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and complete the Pennsylvania State Grant Form. Most renewal students do not have to complete the State Grant Form.
Sign in to your Account Access mailbox to view your Pennsylvania State Grant status or to make changes to your school and/or program information. If you are a renewal applicant, make sure your information is up to date.
The Summer State Grant Program allows eligible students attending summer courses to apply for a Pennsylvania State Grant award for the summer term. The deadline is August 15.
Find answers to some common questions about the Pennsylvania State Grant.
Did You Know?
- The State Grant deadlines are different for first-time applicants, renewal applicants, and summer-term applicants.
- If you miss the State Grant deadline for the academic year, apply anyway. Late applications (for terms other than summer) may qualify for awards if funding permits.
Sign In/Create Account to:
- Apply for a State Grant
- View State Grant status
- Update address or school info
- or Create Account
State Grant FAQ
- How do you determine my State Grant award?
- How do I make corrections on my State Grant Form?
- How will I receive my State Grant funds?
Documents & Forms
- State Grant Program Manual (PDF)
- Rights and Responsibilities Certification Document (PDF)
- ADA Accommodation Request Form (PDF)